PNM Heating & Cooling Midstream Program - pnmprod
PNM Cooling Midstream Program
Residential Refrigerated Air Midstream Program
The program for refrigerated air systems, heat pump systems, heat pump water heaters (HPWH), and smart thermostats has changed to offer you a discount on the cooling unit at a wholesale level instead of requiring you to submit a rebate form. Below are some benefits of this new program.
- Improved customer service - you work with the contractor you have vetted and trust most.
- The potential to receive more competitive pricing on the most energy-efficient refrigerated air, heat pump systems, and electric HPWH units.
- Easier participation than with paper rebate submissions - the wholesale partner and contractor do all the work on your behalf, and you receive the benefit of a discounted cooling unit.
When purchasing a new refrigerated air conditioner, heat pump system, or HPWH, remember to choose the most efficient unit possible. This will help you in the following ways.
- Lower energy and maintenance costs
- Improve comfort and air quality
- Ensure you install high-quality, long-lasting equipment
Tips for Hiring a Contractor
If you need help figuring out how to hire a qualified contractor, here are some tips on how to find the best contractor to suit your needs. Tips for hiring a qualified contractor.
List of program-trained contractors.
Verifying the Efficiency of a Cooling Unit
Please work with your contractor to verify the efficiency of your unit. This is the best way to guarantee the unit purchased qualifies for the incentive. If you are having trouble verifying whether the cooling unit you are purchasing is energy-efficient, visit the ENERGY STAR sites below to view the buying guides that will help ensure the cooling equipment you are looking at will qualify.
Program Terms and Conditions
The PNM Residential Midstream Program incentives are only available through participating wholesalers while funding is available. Participating wholesalers and eligible models may change without notice. Work with your contractor to determine whether your needs align with the program product offerings. Limit two (2) incentives per PNM residential electric customer account. Complete terms and conditions
Updated May 18th, 2023