Move Out/Stop Service - pnmprod
Move Out / Stop Service
We're always sad to lose a customer and we want to make the process to close service as easy as possible. This section is for customers who currently have an active PNM account and want to close their account and will not be establishing service in their name at a new location.
If you are moving to another location served by PNM, choose the Transfer Service option to stop service at your old location and start service at your new location in one step.
Information needed to cancel service
- The date you would like to have your account discontinued at the current / existing address
- Mailing address where we should send your final PNM bill after your account is closed.
Other important information
- We must be able to access and the meter on the first attempt before we can close your account.
- Please do not schedule the move-out for a day that you still may need electricity. - Service may be disconnected at any time on the requested move-out day.
About deposits and final bills
- If you have an existing deposit, it will be applied to the final bill and any remaining charges will be billed to you.
- If a credit remains, you will receive a check at the mailing address provided at move-out within 4 to 6 weeks.
- Outstanding balances left unpaid will be sent to a collection agency and reported to credit bureaus.
Stop service online
Click on the "Get Started" button to log in to your PNM.com online account.
If you don't have an online account, sign up for one today or call us at 888-DIAL-PNM / (888) 342-5766 to cancel your service.
We recommend you schedule your move out at least 3 business days in advance.