Supporting Communities - pnmprod
PNM has been serving New Mexico since 1917, from supporting professorships at UNM and NMSU to weatherizing homes for low-income elderly. PNM and our employees make a personal commitment to New Mexico.
As the state's largest investor-owned utility, we embrace the opportunity to be actively involved in the communities we serve. PNM's community support and involvement are broadly focused on the following areas:
- Helping to educate the people of our state
- Preserving and enhancing our environment
- Helping our customers use energy more efficiently and safely
- Promoting the economic vitality of our communities
- Supporting the interests and engagement of our employees through the PNM Community Crew.
PNM is proud to help support programs and organizations that assist in enriching the quality of life for the people in our state. We support projects such as the Albuquerque Biopark's PNM Butterfly Pavilion, the Solar Fiesta, the Carlsbad Community Playground and San Juan College power plant operator training program.
PNM and the PNM Resources Foundation assist communities in New Mexico each year, contributing nearly $2 million to nonprofit community organizations.
Asian Pacific American Heritage Month
PNM is sharing our redesigned logo recognizing the generations of Asian and Pacific Islanders who have enriched New Mexico's history.
PNM Celebrates Women's History Month
We are excited to share our redesigned logo for March in recognition of Women's History Month and International Women's Day.
Throughout March, we celebrate Women's History Month, an annual observance that honors women as critical agents of historical change and celebrates contributions they have made to our history and contemporary society. March 8th is International Women's Day. This holiday has a long history with its origins in the women's suffrage movement that began in the 18th century. The United Nations adopted it as a global holiday in 1977. Today, the holiday supports a gender-equal and diverse world, free of bias and discrimination.
We believe a diverse workforce enriches our environment and helps us better meet the needs of our customers and employees.
- Our employees: 53% minority, 28% women, 8% veterans, 14% disabled.
- Our Board of Directors: 44% women and 22% minorities
- Our Executive Team: 40% women, 20% minorities
- Our CEO: Pat Vincent-Collawn
- First woman to lead PNM Resources, PNM's parent company
- First woman to Chair the Edison Electric Institute board, the country's oldest and largest electric company trade association, representing electric companies across the world and within all 50 states which provide electricity for about 235 million Americans and support more than 7 million jobs across the United States.
- First leader to lead an industry-wide diversity and inclusion forum which directly contributed to the development of a formal Diversity and Inclusion Commitment.
We value the diversity of our workforce and are actively seeking ways to incorporate diversity within our company. Visit About Careers at PNM to learn more about our diversity initiatives.