Upgrade or Get New Electric Service
Get the information you need to upgrade your electric service or request new electric service when you are adding on to your existing home or building a new single-family home.
PNM Electric Service Guide
The PNM Electric Service Guide (ESG) is intended to provide you and your contractor with the information you need to plan for and secure new or upgraded electric service for your project.
- Electric Service Guide Introduction & General Information (Updated 08/25/2015) PDF, no drawings.
Before you begin your project: please check with your new service engineer to be sure you have the most recent version of the drawings you will need to refer to in order to obtain electric service. Construction and meter drawings may be updated without advanced notice.
- Get a complete set of construction drawings (Updated 2/5/2016)
- Get a complete set of meter drawings (Updated 5/22/2017)
- View construction drawings (Updated 5/12/2017)
- View meter drawings (Updated 11/10/2018)
- PNM approved meter equipment for 2017 (Updated 05/18/2017)
All electric service requests must be submitted online. Submitting a service request online:
- speeds up the time it takes to process your request;
- lets you to track your open requests, get status updates via email and
- review comments from your PNM representative regarding your request.
New! Pay for your Line Extension or Agreement for Services contract online with Mastercard®, Discover® or American Express® credit or debit card. KUBRA EZ-PAY charges a 3% fee for processing. Go to PNM.com/erequest to get started.
Emergency Service Connections
View the requirements to submit an emergency service connection.