How to Transfer Service
If you are currently a PNM customer and are moving to a new address that is also served by PNM, use this option to stop service at your current address and start service at the new address, all in one place.
You should complete this process at least 3 business days before you plan to move in to the new address to ensure your electricity is turned on before moving day.
To transfer service, you will need:
- The new address you are moving to.
- The date you like to stop service at your current address.
- The date you would like to start service at the new address.
About deposits and other important information
- Customers may be charged a deposit. The amount will typically be 1/6 of the total amount of electricity used in the last 12 months at the address you are moving to.
A connection fee will be added to your first bill:
- $7.00 if electricity is on
- $11.00 if electricity is off.
Transfer your service online
Log in to your PNM.com online account , or sign up for one today, to get started. You can also call us at 888-DIAL-PNM / (888) 342-5766 to transfer service.