Adding Another Account - pnmprod
Adding Another PNM Account
This section is for current PNM customers who have at least one active account in their name and want to add an additional location to this account.
For landlords: refer to this page for new landlord-standby accounts
How soon should I call?
Please call us at least 3 business days before you plan to take over service at a location served by PNM.
We sometimes can start service in a new customer's name by the next business day. But next-day availability can be limited, particularly around the end and beginning of each month.
Who should call?
The person who will be the primary account holder should call to arrange adding the new location to their account.
Information to have before calling
- Your current / existing address or PNM account number
- The new address you want to add
- The date you would like to have the service in your name at the new address
Whether you wish to participate in any customer programs; for example:
- Budget Billing
- PNM Good Neighbor Fund donations
- automatic payment
- paperless billing
- PNM Sky Blue
Calling us to make arrangements
- Call 888-342-5766
- Our hours are Monday-Friday, 7:30 a.m.-6 p.m. MT
- Customers may be charged a deposit.The amount will typically be 1/6 of the total amount of electricity used in the last 12 months at the location you are moving to.
- All outstanding past-due balances must be paid before adding a new account.
Additional important information
A connection fee will be added to your first bill:
- $7.00 if electricity is on
- $11.00 if electricity is off.
- We must be able to access and read the meter - on the first attempt - before we can move service into your name and add it to your account.
- We are unable to make arrangements for moves via e-mail.