Refrigerator Recycling Program
Refrigerator Recycling Program for Businesses
PNM offers a Refrigerator Recycling Program for business customers who are managing offices, office complexes, multi-family residences, or other business operations where an old refrigerator is contributing to high energy use. A limit of two units applies however, more can be accepted if approved by PNM.
Limited Time Offer Extended - You can still get $75 for recycling your old working fridge or freezer.
We have extended the limited time offer so you can take advantage of these great savings. Please schedule your appointment today to qualify for this great rebate! This offer is now valid from June 15 through September 15, 2020. Appointments must be scheduled by September 15, 2020 and the unit pick-up must be completed by October 15th to qualify for the $75 rebate.
Contact us at 877-838-1139 or schedule a pick-up date online
How the program works
After you schedule your appointment, we will pick up your old fridge or freezer and haul it away to be recycled. Recycling your fridge or freezer helps keep old, inefficient appliances off the grid and because PNM recycles 95 percent of the unit, they don't end up in a landfill. We handle all the paperwork and you will receive your check for $75 in about four to six weeks.
Check if your old refrigerator or freezer is eligible for the $75 rebate.
- You must be a PNM customer and own the refrigerator or freezer.
- The refrigerator and/or freezer must be a regular household sized unit (10-30 cubic feet in size).
- The refrigerator and/or freezer must be in working (cooling) order, emptied of all food and beverages and plugged in at the time PNM comes to pick up the unit.
- Dorm-sized refrigerators do not qualify.
- There is a limit of two refrigerators and/or freezers per household
Did you know about these energy efficiency facts?
- Older refrigerators are much less energy-efficient than new ones.
- A 25-year-old refrigerator can use up to three times more electricity than a new one, 1500 kilowatt-hours (kWh) per year, compared to about 500 kWh per year. This means you would be saving an equivalent of about 119 gallons of gas a year.
- Remove an older, secondary refrigerator and you could save about $175 annually on your electricity bill.
Find out how much you can save by replacing or removing an old fridge.