Frequently Asked Questions: PNM Sky Blue
Why is there an extra charge for PNM Sky Blue?
- Answer: PNM Sky Blue is a voluntary wind and solar energy program, so the only customers who pay for it are the ones who sign up.
What is PNM Sky Blue?
- Answer: PNM Sky Blue is our voluntary program that allows you to purchase wind and solar energy at a premium price to show your commitment to the environment without putting panels on your roof or having a turbine in your back yard. You can purchase 100 kilowatt hour "blocks" of electricity or sign up for a set percentage of your usage.
If I enroll, does this mean I will only receive renewable power?
- Answer: No. The maximum you can sign up for is 85% of your monthly usage.
How much can I enroll for?
- Answer: You can purchase between 1% and 85% of your monthly electric usage. Or, you can purchase 100 kilowatt hour "blocks" up to 85% of your monthly usage. You cannot sign up for more than 85% of your usage because PNM already provides 15% of your power from renewable resources.
If I move does PNM Sky Blue move with me?
- Answer: Yes. If you move, your PNM Sky Blue subscription will move with you.
How do I enroll?
- Answer: If you are eligible for PNM Sky Blue, you can enroll when you're logged in to your account.