Frequently Asked Questions: PNM Good Neighbor Fund
What are the qualifications?
- Answer: The applicant must be facing a financial hardship due to an emergency or unforeseen drop in income that has occurred within the last six months.
- Answer: The PNM Good Neighbor Fund helps income-eligible customers who are experiencing extreme financial hardship help paying part or all of a past-due electric bill.
- Answer: Visit the Good Neighbor Fund page to sign up for a one-time donation or ongoing donations.
How do I stop contributing?
- Answer: Log in to your account to turn off PNM Good Neighbor Fund donations.
If I receive PNM Good Neighbor Fund assistance, will I still qualify for other assistance?
- Answer: Yes. This is just one source of help you can receive. However, qualified applicants can only receive help from a PNM Good Neighbor Fund grant once per year.
How long will it take for a PNM Good Neighbor Fund payment to apply to my account?
- Answer: Once an assistance grant is approved, it will post to the account within 14 days.
What is a PNM Good Neighbor Fund code?
- Answer: A code is given to a customer once an assistance grant has been approved. The code is a promise to pay or official notification for PNM in regards to the assistance. Once it is given to the customer, they are instructed to call and give PNM the code. This call notifies PNM of the assistance and provides the needed specifics concerning the awarded grant.