Billing - pnmprod
Frequently Asked Questions: Billing
What are all the different charges on page 2 of the bill?
- Answer: The different items on the back reflect the different charges the New Mexico Public Regulation Commission allows us to collect from customers, and these reflect the various costs associated with delivery of electricity to you.
Why do my rates change?
- Answer: There are two ways that your rates can change. The first is that they change seasonally. During the summer months of June, July and August, when demand and electricity costs are at their highest, higher rates will be in effect. Lower rates are in effect during the non-summer months of September through May, reflecting the lower cost of electricity at that time of year. The second way your electricity rate can change is that there are "blocks" or groupings of rates based on your monthly electricity usage. The less you use, the less you pay per average kilowatt hour.
Can I change my due date?
- Answer: Your due date is set by when your meter is read, so there is no way to change your due date.
Where can I view my usage history?
- Answer: Log in to your account by clicking on the My Account button at the top right, and you'll be able to see your last 12 months of usage and payments.
What do I do if I haven't received my bill?
- Answer: Log in to your PNM account to review your mailing address and make changes, if necessary. If you are a Paperless Billing customer, check the primary email address we have on file. You should also check your spam filter to ensure our emails are getting through.