Financial Assistance Qualifications

Your total household income must be at or below 150% of the Federal Poverty Level (FPL) to qualify for the Good Neighbor Fund. Guidelines presented below:

Total Household Income
Total Household Members/ Tamaño del Grupo Familiar Total Household Monthly Income/ Total Mensual del Ingreso Familiar Total Household Annual Income/ Total anual del Ingreso Familiar
1 $1,823 $21,870
2 $2,465 $29,580
3 $3,108 $37,290
4 $3,750 $45,000
5 $4,392 $52,710
6 $5,035 $60,420
7 $5,678 $68,130
8 $6,320 $75,840
For each person more than 8, add: $642 $7,710
If no income, food stamps/SNAP may be accepted as proof of income

Before applying for financial assistance, please have the following prepared to upload or bring with you:

A disconnect notice on your PNM bill

Your PNM bill must be at risk of disconnection to receive financial assistance from the PNM Good Neighbor Fund. Have a copy of your paper PNM bill or your paperless PNM bill. You may show a copy of your paperless bill from your phone when receiving help in person.

Proof of approval for LIHEAP or SNAP benefits for the current calendar year, 2023 ¿ 2024.

We will accept proof of approval letters from either of two programs - the Low-Income Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) and the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP). These programs are administered by the New Mexico Human Services Department, and they offer financial assistance to eligible households. If you are eligible, SNAP helps you receive food products, while LIHEAP is designed to assist you in paying your utility bills. Both programs are available on an annual basis.

If you need financial assistance from LIHEAP, the funded amount will be directly paid to your utility account, such as PNM. If you want to learn more about the program and how you can apply, please visit the official website.

Proof of your Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) approval for the current year, 2023 - 2024

This program, which is administered through the New Mexico Human Services Department, offers financial aid to eligible households in the form of grants. This program is designed to help those in need pay their utility bills and is available on an annual basis. The grant amount is directly paid to the utility account of the customer, such as PNM. Learn more about the program and how you can apply.

Proof of all identification for everyone living in the home

Valid identification is required for all household members and children, including the PNM account holder named on the PNM bill. For adults, IDs such as a driver's license, state ID, alien registration card, or passport, etc. For children, we can accept a school ID, insurance card, social security card, or insurance card, as an alternative.

Proof of household income for all adults living in the home

Proof of income for all adults living in the household, including the PNM account holder named on the bill - we will accept pay stubs or bank account statements dated within 60 days of applying for assistance. We can also accept Supplemental Security Income (SSI) or a Social Security Statement. If you do not have income, we need to see an unemployment document or proof of SNAP/food benefits.