A New Century of Service Grant Opportunity
PNM is committed to building a better future for New Mexico. Creating economic opportunity and ensuring that our children get a good education are critical to achieving success and improving the quality of life for all. Since 1983, the PNM Resources Foundation has been investing in local nonprofit organizations that strive to build strong and vibrant communities.
In 2017, 62 A New Century of Service Grants totaling $750,000 were awarded to NM nonprofits. See a list of grant recipients and their projects.
For 2018, 40 local nonprofits will receive a total of $750,000 in grant funding.
This year, New Century of Service Grants for $50,000 or $25,000 will support organizations that:
- Innovate or sustain programs and services to grow and develop businesses.
- Create or sustain collaborative community spaces for public use.
- Provide education opportunities supporting economic development.
Organizations not selected for the New Century of Service Grants will be eligible to receive Operational Grants for $10,000. These organizations support businesses, job growth, workforce training and economic development in New Mexico; provide education opportunities within our communities; and promote environmental stewardship and resource conservation.
Grant applications were accepted through May 9, 2018.
2018 Grants to be awarded:
- Five grants valued at $50,000
- Ten grants valued at $25,000
- Twenty-five operational grants valued at $10,000
Grant Information Webinar
Audio from the grant information webinar held on Tuesday, April 10, 2018 can be found here.
- 2018 grant guidelines
- 2018 Centennial Grant Score Rubric
- An explanation of outcomes vs. outputs can be found here
While a variety of projects will be considered, priority will be given to projects that:
- Lead our communities to a brighter future
- Fuel a stronger New Mexico through measurable economic impact
- Demonstrate collaboration with other organizations, especially among non-profits
- Show tangible, near-term results
- Are sustainable or have a clear path to sustainability
- Have a clear plan to build awareness about the project and its value within the community
- Have a well-defined timeline for implementation
- Utilize PNM volunteers, when possible
Organizations or Projects Not Eligible
- Sectarian or religious programs for religious purposes
- Labor and political organizations or campaigns
- Organizations outside of PNM Resources and its subsidiaries' service territories.
- Organizations outside of communities where the company has business interests.
- Organizations that are not registered or not in good standing with the appropriate state agency.
- Organizations that limit membership and services based on race, religion, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age or national origin.
- Organizations without current or active IRS 501(c)(3) status.
Questions? Email Community@pnm.com.