PNM Volunteer Grants
A PNM employee or retiree can request a contribution of as much as $500 a year on behalf of a New Mexico nonprofit organization with which he or she volunteers.
The non-profit organization receives:
- $100 donation when you volunteer a minimum of 12 hours of service;
- $200 donation when you volunteer a minimum of 25 hours of service;
- $500 donation when you volunteer a minimum of 25 hours and serve on the board of directors.
The PNM employee must:
- Be a full-time or part-time PNM employee or a PNM retiree.
- Volunteer your own time, outside of work hours, to a qualifying 501(c)3 organization in New Mexico.
- Not receive pay or any other form of compensation from the nonprofit organization for your service.
- Volunteer at least 12 hours of service for a $100 donation, 25 hours of service for a $200 donation, or serve on the board of directors and volunteer a minimum of 25 hours for a $500 donation.
The nonprofit organization must:
- Be a qualifying 501(c)3 organization in New Mexico;
- Verify the number of hours volunteered;
- Provide information about the organization.
Nonprofit organizations that do not qualify include organizations involved in political or lobbying activities and religious organizations.