How to Apply for LIHEAP
- Complete a LIHEAP application. LIHEAP has eligibility requirements.
- Visit a New Mexico Human Services office with your application to apply in person. You also can get applications at Human Services offices.
Also take the following information with you when you visit the Human Services office:
- Household income for last 30 days;
- Identification of the person placing the application;
- If not a U.S. citizen, proof of qualified immigrant status;
- Social Security numbers for all household members;
- Household cost for heating or cooling; the highest bill from the last 12 months.
At your request, PNM will send your PNM account information to Human Services. To make this request, please call 1-888-342-5766 (1-888-DIAL-PNM) weekdays 7:30 a.m. - 6 p.m.