The PNM Good Neighbor Fund is an emergency assistance fund for PNM customers facing an unexpected financial hardship due to an emergency situation. The PNM Good Neighbor Fund may be able to help cover part or all of a past-due PNM bill.
Grant recipients are income-eligible with proof of a qualified emergency situation that occurred within the last six months that has caused an unexpected loss in household income.
How to apply for help
- First, apply for help from the New Mexico Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP).
Apply in person at any PNM Good Neighbor Fund provider.
Please note: some locations require you make an appointment. To be seen in Albuquerque, you must call (505) 967-8045 to schedule an appointment. Bring with you:
- proof of this year's approved LIHEAP application, such as a LIHEAP approval letter or a printout from the Department of Human Services showing you have been approved for LIHEAP.
- your current PNM bill that is 30 or more days past-due;
- proof of income for everyone in the home, including a bank statement with monthly deposits listed;
- valid ID for everyone in the home: picture ID for adults and birth certificate, shot records, school ID, or Medicaid card for children.
- paperwork showing proof of the financial hardship that occurred within the last six months, such medical bills, mortgage statements, etc.
If you are ill or home bound
If you are ill or home bound and cannot come in to the office, please do the following to get help from the Good Neighbor Fund:
- Call 505-967-8045 on Monday, Wednesday or Friday from 8:00 am to 10:30am to secure an appointment.
- Once you are given an appointment, please gather the required documents that the representative at Good Neighbor Fund needs to process your application.
- Hand write a note, giving a third party individual permission to apply on your behalf and sign the note.
- Send the third party individual with your documents, ID, and hand written note to your scheduled appointment.
- Once approved, the representative will give the third party individual your code slip and other important information regarding your assistance.
We are sorry, but can no longer offer faxed applications.