System Expansions REC Incentive Program
Applicable Solar energy program
Solar REC Incentive: original application submitted after Aug. 31, 2010
- The entire system (the original system plus the expansion) will qualify for the current REC price being offered (if capacity is available) in the Small Solar Program.
- If all the capacity has been reserved in the Small Solar Program, you can still apply for a system expansion, however the entire system (the original system plus the expansion) will not qualify for REC payments.
Requesting a system expansion
- Complete a Small Solar Application and include the following information:
- expanded system size
- updated one-line diagram
- updated site map, if necessary
- specification sheet for any additional inverters.
- Handwrite "System Expansion" at the top of the application.
- Mail the application and required diagrams to:
PNM Customer Solar Programs
Albuquerque, N.M. 87158-1135
- PNM will notify you if the system expansion has been approved within 10 business days of the receipt of the application. The notification will also include whether or not the expanded system passed the technical re-screening.
- If approved, the system expansion will be cleared for construction.
- Once constructed, notify PNM Customer-Owned Solar Energy Program (firstname.lastname@example.org) and we will let you know if your system needs to be inspected.
- PNM will send you amended Interconnection and REC Purchase Agreements.
- You will need to sign and date the amended agreements and return them to PNM at the address listed in step 3.
- PNM will execute the amendments and send you a set of originals.