Geographic Information Systems
GIS creates powerful tools that help provide more efficiency to our crews, designers and engineers, and more convenience for customers.
- Meter reading routes have been designed for better efficiency.
- Our real-time outage map combines Google technology with multiple PNM systems.
- Before and after examples of proposed equipment projects are tools for designers and information for customers.
- Additional bird protection equipment is added on power poles based on GIS combining information from multiple sources.
- Maps are combined with data in areas that have cultural significance so that we don't disturb those cultural resources.
- Electricity substations are designed much more quickly and cost effectively.