Frequently Asked Questions: Move In / Out
How soon should I call?
- Answer: You should call at least three (3) business days before you plan to move or take over service at a location serviced by PNM. We sometimes can start service by the next business day, but this is not always possible.
Who should call?
- Answer: The primary account holder or secondary person listed on the existing account should call to arrange moving the service under the primary account-holder's name.
What information do I need to have when I call?
- Answer:You will need the current address or PNM account number, the date you want your service disconnected at your current address, the new address you're moving to and the date you want service started at your new address.
Can I arrange my move via e-mail?
- Answer: No. We can't schedule moves by e-mail at this time.
What is the $7 transfer fee and when will it appear on my bill?
- Answer: This fee is to have service transferred and will appear on your first bill .