The PNM PowerKick - pnmprod
The PNM PowerKick
PNM is proud to partner with New Mexico United and generate excitement about support for local nonprofits. We know that strong nonprofits are key to a thriving New Mexico and while delivering power is at the core of PNM, investing in our community is a critical piece of the company's values.
Peter Trevisani, President, CEO, and majority owner of New Mexico United, said New Mexico United is fueled by a passion for community, and The PNM PowerKick is another opportunity to bring New Mexicans together for a unique halftime challenge that benefits local nonprofits in need of the support PNM is graciously providing.
At halftime of each New Mexico United home game, a lucky fan was selected from the stands to attempt three goals that earned money for nonprofits. The first kick was from the 6-yard line and earned that night's nonprofit a $500 donation from PNM, the second kick was from the penalty spot and earned a $750 donation, and the final kick was from the 18-yard box and earned a $1,250 donation. If kicks are missed, that night's nonprofit still received a minimum $1,500 PNM donation.
The 10 local nonprofits PNM proudly funded were:
- Santa Fe Habitat for Humanity (April 15)
- Horizons (April 29)
- Keres Children¿s Learning Center (June 17)
- Junior Achievement (June 21)
- Transgender Resource Center of NM (June 24)
- NM Friends of Foster Children (July 19)
- Feed Rio Rancho Kids (August 23)
- Indian Pueblo Cultural Center (August 26)
- Valencia Shelter Services (September 15)
- Gila Community & Tourism Development (September 30)
All nonprofit donations for The PNM PowerKick come from PNM shareholders. No customer dollars were used in this campaign.