Neighbors Helping Neighbors
PNM customers who are facing a financial emergency can receive a grant to help pay part or all of a past-due PNM bill, depending on how much you owe.
In 2016, the PNM Good Neighbor Fund helped more than 3,000 families with more than $321,000 in PNM Good Neighbor Fund assistance.
Donations are tax-deductible and they are matched by PNM shareholders up to $350,000 annually.
There are three ways you can contribute to the PNM Good Neighbor Fund.
Whatever option you choose, thank you for helping fellow New Mexicans who need financial support.
Write in an amount of your choice on the portion of your bill payment stub that mentions the PNM Good Neighbor Fund.
Sign up for automatic monthly donations online.
- Click on the Donate Now button to get started.
- You select the amount that is right for you.
- Amount included on each month's bill.
- Or print and complete a sign up form, select option 2, and return it via the U.S. mail.
Sign up for ongoing "round-up" donations
Your bill will automatically be rounded up to the next dollar each month.
- Example:$53.53 bill rounded up to $54. Your 47 cent donation will be matched by PNM shareholders.
- Print and complete a sign up form, select option 3, and return it via the U.S. mail.
For more information about the PNM Good Neighbor Fund, contact Customer Service at (888) DIAL-PNM / (888) 342-5766.
Through the Good Neighbor Fund, PNM customers who are facing a financial emergency and are income eligible can receive a grant to help pay part or all of a past-due electric bill.
FAQs: Good Neighbor Fund
What is the Good Neighbor Fund?
- The Good Neighbor Fund helps income-eligible customers who are experiencing extreme financial hardship pay part or all of a past-due electric bill.
What are the qualifications?
- The applicant must be facing a financial hardship due to an emergency situation or unforeseen drop in income that has occurred within the last six months and be income eligible. Learn more.