How to Start Service
Welcome to PNM! We're glad you're here and hope you'll let us know if there's anything we can do to help you get settled.
This section is specifically for businesses who do not currently have any PNM accounts in their name and are planning to move to a location where PNM service is currently in another business's name.
When should I call?
Please call us at least 3 business days before you plan to take over service at a location served by PNM.
We sometimes can start service in a new customer's name by the next business day. But next-day availability can be limited, particularly around the end and beginning of each month.
Who should call?
The person who will be the primary account holder should call to arrange establishing service in the business name.
Information to have before calling
- The primary account-holder's Social Security number
- Primary and secondary telephone numbers
- The complete address (including suite number) where you're moving
- Names of any other person who should have secondary permissions to make some decisions about the account
Calling us to make arrangements
- Call 888-342-5766
- Our hours are Monday-Friday, 7:30 a.m.-6 p.m. MT
Customers may be charged a deposit. The amount will typically be 1/6 of the total amount of electricity used in the last 12 months at the location you are moving to.
Additional important information
A connection fee will be added to your first bill:
- $7.00 if electricity is on
- $11.00 if electricity is off.
- We must be able to access and read the meter - on the first attempt - before we can establish service in your name.
- We are unable to make arrangements for moves via e-mail.