How to Cancel Service
When life changes and you need to cancel your service, we strive to make the process as easy as possible.This section is for customers who currently have an active PNM account and want to close their account and will not be establishing service in their name at a new location.
How soon should I call?
Please call us at least 3 business days before you plan to close your account.
We sometimes can schedule a final meter reading by the next business day. But next-day availability can be limited, particularly around the end and beginning of each month.
Who should call?
The primary account holder or secondary person listed on the account can call to arrange to cancel the account.
Information to have before calling
- Your current / existing address or PNM account number
- The date you would like to have your account discontinued at the current / existing address
- Mailing address where we should send your final PNM bill after your account is closed
Calling to make arrangements
- Call 888-342-5766
- Our hours are Monday-Friday, 7:30 a.m.-6 p.m. Mountain time
About deposits and final bills
- If you have an existing deposit, it will be applied to the final bill and any remaining charges will be billed to you.
- If a credit remains, you will receive a check at the mailing address provided at move-out within 4 to 6 weeks.
- Outstanding balances left unpaid will be sent to a collection agency and reported to credit bureaus.
Additional important information
- Sorry, we can't make arrangements for account closures via e-mail.
- We must be able to access and the meter on the first attempt before we can close your account.
- Please do not schedule the move-out for a day that you still may need electricity. - Service may be disconnected at any time on the requested move-out day.