A New Century of Service Grant Opportunity
PNM is committed to building a better future for New Mexico. Creating economic opportunity and ensuring that our children get a good education are critical to achieving success and improving the quality of life for all.
Since 1983, the PNM Resources Foundation has been investing in local nonprofit organizations that strive to build strong and vibrant communities. In 2017, PNM will celebrate 100 years of serving New Mexico by awarding grants for 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations that promote economic development and education within the PNM service territory. Proposals will be reviewed by a team of local PNM employees and community members and grants will be awarded to the projects that best enhance local communities and provide the broadest possible benefit.
A New Century of Service Grants will support organizations that:
- Innovate new products and services to grow and develop businesses
- Create collaborative community spaces for public use
- Provide educational opportunities supporting economic development
Grant quantity and amounts (total of $750,000):
- One grant valued at $100,000
- One grant valued at $50,000
- Sixty grants valued at $10,000
Applications being accepted now
Apply online for a PNM "A New Century of Service" Centennial grant at the Share New Mexico web site.
Deadline to apply: May 9, 2017 - PNM's 100th Anniversary!
Grant Information Webinar
Join us for a webinar on March 28, 2017 at 10 a.m. MDT.
Register now for "A New Century of Service" Centennial Grants webinar!
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
While a variety of projects will be considered, priority will be given to projects that:
- Lead our communities to a brighter future
- Fuel a stronger New Mexico through measurable economic impact
- Demonstrate collaboration with other organizations, especially among non-profits
- Show tangible, near-term results
- Are sustainable or have a clear path to sustainability
- Have a clear plan to build awareness about the project and its value within the community
- Have a well-defined timeline for implementation
- Utilize PNM volunteers, when possible
Organizations or Projects Not Eligible
- Sectarian or religious programs for religious purposes
- Labor and political organizations or campaigns
- Organizations outside of PNM Resources and its subsidiaries' service territories.
- Organizations outside of communities where the company has business interests.
- Organizations that are not registered or not in good standing with the appropriate state agency.
- Organizations that limit membership and services based on race, religion, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age or national origin.
- Organizations without current or active IRS 501(c)(3) status.
Questions? Email Community@pnm.com.