Home Lighting Discounts
Replacing traditional incandescent light bulbs with energy efficient light emitting diode (LED) is a simple way to save energy in your home daily without having to spend a lot of money.
PNM Offers Instant Discounts on LEDs
- Visit a participating retailer.
- Look for the PNM discount on select LEDs.
- Receive an instant discount at the cash register.
Energy efficiency program appointments and rebates are on a first come, first served, basis and are for a limited-time only. Once program reaches its maximum capacity this year, the program will resume the next calendar year.
Did you know?
- You could shave as much as $65 per year off your electric bill by replacing incandescent bulbs with LEDs.
Using CFLs safely
While swapping out your incandescent bulbs or CFL bulbs for energy-efficient LED bulbs, be safe. Especially for CFLs since all fluorescent lights contain a small amount of mercury, care should be taken when disposing of a used compact fluorescent light bulb (CFL) or cleaning up a broken one. Learn more about the safe use and proper disposal of CFLs.
- It's only when a fluorescent bulb breaks that the mercury is released.
- The mercury is safely sealed in the glass tubing when a bulb is intact or in use.