PNM community support and involvement are broadly focused on three areas:
We are committed to the vitality of the communities we serve. Our partnerships promote our communities' economic stability and success and endeavor to improve the quality of life for our customers.
Examples of economic vitality funding include:
- Chambers of commerce
- Statewide and local economic development initiatives
- Job creation initiatives
- Local United Ways
- PNM Good Neighbor Fund
PNM supports organizations and educational programs that develop local talent and skills to drive current and future work force readiness. We focus on programs that promote literacy, improve high school graduation rates, youth leadership and workforce development skills related to the energy industry.
Examples of education funding include:
- Improving high school graduation rates
- Reading at standards by third-grade
- STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) outreach
- Workforce development skills related to the energy industry
PNM commitment to environmental stewardship encourages the utilization of renewable and sustainable resources and seeks to preserve and protect New Mexico's beautiful lands. We focus on efforts supporting energy sustainability, environmental conservation and stewardship of our natural resources.
Examples of environmental stewardship funding include:
- Energy efficiency programs
- Land restoration, such as recovery of an area after a natural disaster
- Preservation of natural ecosystems and wildlife
- Programs that increase environmental education and awareness of key resource issues
- Beautification and enhancement of communities through tree planting and community clean up.
For more information about PNM corporate funding for nonprofit organizations, contact Community@pnm.com or Laurie.Roach@pnm.com.