Customer Solar Energy Program:
|System type||Solar PV or solar thermal electric system|
|System size||Inverter VAC up to 10 kWAC|
|Contract term||8 years|
|Incentives||REC purchase and net metering|
|REC price||.0025¢ Check available capacity|
|REC price determination||When application is considered complete by PNM Completed application (def.)|
|Net excess energy produced||PNM credits energy toward future bills|
Apply to participate
Submit and manage your Application for Interconnection online
- New, easier way to submit applications!
- Upload drawings and other documents.
- Easily track the progress of your project.
Mail us your completed Application for Interconnection
- Small systems (up to 10 kWAC) - Get applications and review sample agreements
- Step-by-step process to apply for incentives and get interconnected
Solar REC Purchase Program
Customers should consider the application fee and potential REC credits when determining whether or not the Solar REC Purchase Program makes economic sense.
Selling your RECs to PNM: This option requires you to pay an application fee of $150. PNM will purchase your RECs for $.0025 (1/4 cent) per KWh of renewable energy that you produce. If you are a customer with solar energy production of 600KWh per month, PNM will pay you $1.50 per month for the 8-year term of your contract. When you sell RECs to PNM, PNM may be relieved of its obligation to otherwise provide the amount of renewable energy represented by the RECs you have sold. This means that your solar energy production may not result in any additional renewable energy on PNM's system.
Not selling your RECs to PNM: this option has a lower application fee of $50, rather than $150. PNM, however, will not purchase your RECs. If you do not sell your RECs, no-one else may claim the environmental benefits of your renewable energy production. This also means that your renewable energy will be in addition to the amount of renewable energy that utilities must by law provide. Opting to retain RECs means that your solar production may cause more renewable energy on the PNM system.
Use the application for Interconnection and Solar REC Purchase if you want to participate in the REC Purchase Program.
- When your application is considered complete, you will receive a Notice of Completion of Application with this date. You will also receive REC Purchase contracts to be signed, dated and sent back to PNM.
When your system has been installed, permitted and inspected by PNM, it will be interconnected and you'll begin receiving the benefits of net metering and REC credits.
- You will receive REC credits for eight years from the date your Small Solar REC Purchase contract is executed.
- Review technical requirements for Small Systems
- Review The New Mexico Interconnection Manual and regulations that apply to systems up to 10 kWAC.
- Interested in installing a solar energy system larger than 10 kWAC up to 100 kWAC? Learn more here.
What you need to know before you expand your system
You must request a system expansion and receive prior consent from PNM before you can expand your small solar energy system.
The process you follow depends on the customer program under which the original system was installed. When did you submit the original application?