PNM 2020 IRP Meeting Presentations & Materials - pnmprod
Planning for the future generation
PNM requested input from our customers and industry experts to help us prepare our PNM Integrated Resource Plan (IRP) for 2020-2040. PNM is always planning for the future and every three years we file an IRP with the New Mexico Public Regulation Commission (NMPRC) that includes a four-year action plan and a look at energy needs for the next 20 years.
*This document was updated 2/2/2021 to repair Appendix M figures 5,12,14, and 15 that were distorted in the original file upload¿
**Corrections made to typographical-errors
PNM initiated this year-long planning process by welcoming community and industry input and feedback at a kick-off meeting on July 16, 2019 at 10am at the State Bar of New Mexico. Additional meetings were held with scheduled meetings posted at PNM.com/IRP. PNM appreciated the participation and valuable input we received in our IRP process.
Throughout this process, PNM examined the challenges and opportunities for providing energy in the future and identified the most cost-effective portfolio of resources to meet customers' energy needs under the state's IRP rule.
Detailed requirements for the PNM IRP may be found in NMPRC Rule 17.7.3 NMAC which can be accessed through the NMPRC website at nm-prc.org.
2020 IRP Meetings-Presentations & Supporting Materials
As materials were presented, they were added to this page for reference.
- July 16, 2019: Kickoff, Overview and Timeline
- August 20, 2019: The Energy Transition Act & Utilities 101
- August 29, 2019: Resource Planning Overview: Models, Inputs & Assumptions
- September 6, 2019: Transmission & Reliability (Real World Operations)
- September 24, 2019: Resource Planning ¿2.0¿
- October 22, 2019: Demand Side/EE/Time of Use
- November 19, 2019: Battery and Energy Storage; Sandia National Laboratory Guest Presentation
- January 14, 2020: Technology Review / Deadline for Scenario Requests
- August 25, 2020: Load & Commodity Price Forecasts and Process Update and Schedule
- September 15, 2020: Update Meeting
- January 5, 2021: Public Advisory Group
**Cancelled - February 4, 2020: Electric Load & Commodity Price Forecasts and Model Scenario Discussion
**Meetings postponed due to COVID-19: March 10, 2020 Process Update, April 14, 2020 Process Update/Public Draft, May 12, 2020 Advisory Group Comments
2023 IRP Process Meeting: PNM.com/IRP
2017 IRP Process: View presentations and supporting materials from 2017 IRP meetings.