PNM Peak Saver
Quarterly Rebate Incentives for Using Energy More Efficiently
The PNM Peak Saver program helps large commercial and industrial business customers save energy by reducing the electricity demand when it is at its peak during high demand days in the summer months. Businesses that participate in the Peak Saver program receive quarterly rebate incentives as well as an annual incentive based on the amount of electricity managed during their participation in the program. This is a great way to save energy and money for your business.
- It is an environmentally friendly approach that helps reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
- Reduces your business's electricity demand during peak usage days and helps you save energy and money.
Who Can Participate?
PNM large business electric customers
- Customers on rates 4B, 5B, 11B, 15B, and 30B. Learn more about rates here.
- Businesses with peak demands greater than 50kW on PNM rate 3B
How the Program Works
- PNM will work with you to identify curtailable electric load and determine the appropriate strategy that meets your specific business needs.
- We will measure and verify your facility's performance and ensure operational conditions are satisfactory during demand response events.
- We will enroll your facility in the PNM Peak Saver program allowing our system operators to call demand response events only when needed during peak times.
- When PNM experiences a high peak demand and anticipates the need for demand-side resources, notifications will be sent out at least 10 minutes prior to the start of a demand response event. However, in many cases, we will be able to provide information about a possible event many hours in advance. No action is required by your facility, and you always have the option to withdraw from the event if operational constraints prevent you from participating.
- Demand response events may be called during a non-holiday weekday from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., from June 1 through September 30 annually and will last no longer than four hours.
Frequently Asked Questions
We know your time is valuable, and you probably have questions about the program before you decide if it's right for your business. The frequently asked questions may help answer some of your questions and the data sheet will provide more information about the Peak Saver program.
How to Get Started
If you are ready to talk with us about your business or get more information, please contact our PNM Peak Saver team.
Matt Salazar | Business Development Manager
Phone: (505) 659-6062
PNM Peak Saver is administered by Enbala Power Networks, an authorized third-party contractor in collaboration with Mountain Vector Energy.
Updated July 27, 2020