Home Lighting Discounts
Replacing traditional incandescent light bulbs with energy efficient light emitting diode (LED) is a simple way to save energy in your home daily without having to spend a lot of money.
PNM Offers Instant Discounts on LEDs
- Visit a participating retailer.
- Look for the PNM discount on select LEDs.
- Receive an instant discount at the cash register.
You can also purchase discounted LEDs online at the Energy Federation Incorporated (EFI) online store for PNM residential electric customers.
Energy efficiency program appointments and rebates are on a first come, first served, basis and are for a limited-time only. Once program reaches its maximum capacity this year, the program will resume the next calendar year.
Did you know?
- You could shave as much as $65 per year off your electric bill by replacing incandescent bulbs with LEDs.
Using CFLs safely
While swapping out your incandescent bulbs or CFL bulbs for energy-efficient LED bulbs, be safe. Especially for CFLs since all fluorescent lights contain a small amount of mercury, care should be taken when disposing of a used compact fluorescent light bulb (CFL) or cleaning up a broken one. Learn more about the safe use and proper disposal of CFLs.
- It's only when a fluorescent bulb breaks that the mercury is released.
- The mercury is safely sealed in the glass tubing when a bulb is intact or in use.