Good Neighbor Fund
In tough economic times, sometimes many people need a little help to get by. Our Good Neighbor Fund, funded through the generosity of our employees, shareholders and customers was established to help those in need.
PNM customers who are facing a financial emergency can receive a grant to help pay part or all of a past-due PNM bill. Every year, the Good Neighbor Fund distributes tens of thousands of dollars to hundreds of families in our service area for bill payment support.
Help Paying PNM Bill During COVID-19
During the coronavirus COVID-19 situation, the PNM Good Neighbor Fund will help pay electric bills for New Mexico customers who now find their household suddenly falls into a low-income status after their employer either cut their hours or closed the doors due to COVID-19. The PNM Good Neighbor Fund is now paying up to $150 toward PNM electric bills for low-income families through April 30, 2020, by calling the PNM Good Neighbor Fund provider at 505-967-8045. You will be asked to email the following required documents: 1) Proof of household income for all adults in the home; 2) Copies of IDs for everyone in the home; 3) A check stub for the employer or business that you can no longer work with due to COVID-19; 4) A copy of your PNM bill that is in the name of yourself or someone living in your home.
To qualify, the current income in your household must be within the following net income guidelines:
- Household size of 1 person = $1,561 monthly household income
- Household size of 2 person = $2,114 monthly household income
- Household size of 3 person = $2,666 monthly household income
- Household size of 4 person = $3,219 monthly household income
- Household size of 5 person = $3,771 monthly household income
- Household size of 6 person = $4,324 monthly household income
- Household size of 7 person = $4,876 monthly household income
- Household size of 8 person = $5,429 monthly household income
Your donation to the PNM Good Neighbor Fund is tax deductible.
You can be confident that your contributions are working hard to help families who need it most.