Mar. 18, 2015
PNM Expands Home Energy Checkup Program
Albuquerque: PNM customers can now get smart power strips and an LED nightlight included in their PNM Home Energy Checkup. PNM Home Energy Checkups help customers save energy in their home and money on their electric bill.
For only $40, a qualified assessor will complete a walk-through assessment of the home and install the following energy-saving items:
- Smart power strips (up to two). New.
- LED nightlight. New.
- Programmable thermostat for refrigerated air conditioning unit
- Compact fluorescent light bulbs (CFLs)
- Faucet aerators
- Low-flow showerhead
- Free ENERGY STAR® qualified refrigerator (for income-qualified customers whose fridge meets certain criteria)
Income-qualified customers will have the $40 fee waived and may qualify for a free ENERGY STAR® qualified refrigerator. After the assessment, participants receive a customized home energy report and rebate forms for any additional appliance and cooling rebates worth up to $750 that would apply to that home and help save more energy.
This program is only one example of PNM programs designed to help save money and energy. An online tool, Home Energy Advisor, is available for customers to see how efficient their home is and see specific recommendations to save. Visit PNM.com/rebates for more information and other energy-saving programs.
PNM played a major role in supporting New Mexico's energy efficiency legislation resulting in the Efficient Use of Energy Act in 2007. For eight years PNM has invested in energy efficiency programs which have provided tremendous environmental benefits and energy and cost savings. PNM exceeded the 2014 EUEA goal and is proud to celebrate the following energy efficiency accomplishments:
- 1.5 billion kilowatt hours saved, enough energy to power 200,000 homes for a year
- 500 million gallons of water saved
- 1 million tons of CO2 avoided equal to taking 218,000 cars off the road
- More than $44 million in customer rebates.
With headquarters in Albuquerque, PNM is the largest electricity provider in New Mexico, serving more than 500,000 customers in dozens of communities across the state. PNM is a subsidiary of PNM Resources, an energy holding company also headquartered in Albuquerque. For more information, visit PNM.com.