PNM structures, including transmission and distribution poles,
can be made available for joint use with equipment for wireless,
telephone, cable and Internet service companies.
PNM owns and manages about 186,000 distribution poles and
about 16,000 transmission structures, plus additional properties
throughout New Mexico.
- Transmission towers:
- common for joint use with wireless equipment
- very tall
- lines carry large amounts of electricity
- Distribution poles:
- common for telephone, cable television and fiber lines
- usually can accommodate several additional attachments
- shorter and primarily wooden
- lines carry lesser amounts of electricity (but still
enough to cause serious injury or death if contacted)
- commonly seen in neighborhoods
- Belen-to-Santa Fe corridor, including:
- East Mountains
- Los Lunas
- Las Vegas, N.M.