My Safety: Kites
Before you launch your kite, always be aware of the people and things around you, and follow these safety tips:
- Fly your kite away from power lines, in an open park or field.
- If your kite gets tangled in a power line, do
not attempt to free it.
- Call PNM immediately: (888) 342-5766 or (888) DIAL-PNM.
- Don't fly your kite in stormy weather.
- If a kite is hit by lightning or if wet string touches
a power line, it can conduct electricity.
- Don't use kites with metallic decorations or string, or with metal or wire parts.
- Don't fly your kite in winds stronger than recommended
by the kite's manufacturer.