RFP: Capacity Supply from
Public Service Company of New Mexico (PNM) issued a request for proposals (RFP) on Dec. 6, 2011 for electric demand side management (DSM) capacity programs to meet a portion of the PNM retail electric load.
PNM is seeking qualified suppliers to submit a proposal to develop a primary Capacity Supply of 20 to 40 megawatts (MW) net summer dependable capability from 2014 through 2020 to include:
- Proposals for a minimum of 5 MW of controllable load that is fully dispatchable within 10 minutes and is available at least 100 hours per year from May 15 through Sept. 15. PNM customers eligible to participate must have a peak billing demand exceeding 150 kilowatts (kW).
- Alternative technologies that shift load from summer peak hours of 2 p.m. - 7 p.m.to off-peak hours from May 15 through Sept. 15.
- An example would be a thermal energy storage system such as chilled water storage/cooling for a business customer.
- There is no minimum load shift required for alternative technology resources.
- This resource can be from one customer or a combination of customers.
View complete RFP (.pdf)
Proposals due: On or before 5 p.m. MT, January 5, 2012
Notice of Intent to Respond
Persons or entities interested in submitting an RFP must complete and submit a Notification of Intent to Respond.
Notification of Intent to Respond (.doc)
Deadline to submit: The Notification of Intent to Respond must be submitted by 5 p.m. MT, Friday, Dec. 16, 2011.
All questions and other communications related to this RFP must be submitted by email to the Demand Side RFP Administrator.
Email the Demand Side RFP Administrator