Refrigerator Recycling Rebate
Got an old fridge or freezer at your business that needs to be replaced or retired?
- PNM will give you a $50 rebate for each unit you recycle.
PNM is offering business electric customers a rebate for each working 10-27 cubic foot refrigerator or freezer they recycle.
How to get a rebate
- Schedule an appointment with JACO Environmental to pick up the old fridge or freezer. Pick up is free.
Recycling more than two units? Please call JACO to schedule a pick up rather than going online.
- Your fridge will be hauled away to be recycled.
- You'll be given a receipt.
- Get a check for $50 per unit.
- Mailed to you 4 to 6 weeks after pick up.
Refrigerators eligible for a recycling rebate
- Must be in working condition.
- Typical kitchen-sized units
- 10 to 27 cubic feet in size
- Commercial units and dorm-sized refrigerators do not qualify.
- All makes and models accepted.
- Recycle as many units as you wish.
There is no limit for business customers.
Did you know?
- Older refrigerators are much less energy-efficient than new ones.
- Refrigerators manufactured before 1995 often use up to three times as much electricity as a new one.
- 1500 kilowatt-hours (kWh) per year, compared to about 500 kWh per year for a new one.
- Remove an older, second fridge or freezer and don't replace it, and you could save about $175 per year on your electricity bill.
Find out how much you can save by replacing or removing an old fridge (energystar.gov)
PNM also has a Refrigerator Recycling Rebate for residential customers.
Learn more about getting a rebate for recycling an old fridge you have at home