PNM Refrigerator Recycling Rebate
Got an old fridge or freezer in the garage you hardly ever use?
- It could be using 20 percent of your home's electricity.
- Recycle it and PNM will give you a $50 rebate.
How to get a rebate
PNM is working with JACO Environmental to recycle
refrigerators and freezers for residential electric customers.
- Schedule an appointment with JACO Environmental to pick up your old fridge or freezer.
- Your fridge will be hauled away to be recycled.
- You will be given a receipt.
- Get a rebate check for $50
- Mailed to you 4 to 6 weeks after pick up.
Refrigerators eligible for a recycling rebate
- Must be in working condition.
- Typical kitchen-sized units
- 10 to 27 cubic feet in size.
- Dorm-sized refrigerators do not qualify.
- All makes and models accepted.
- Limit two refrigerators and / or freezers per household.
Did you know?
- Older refrigerators are much less energy-efficient than new ones.
- A 25-year-old refrigerator can use up to three times as much electricity as a new one.
- 1500 kilowatt-hours (kWh) per year, compared to about 500 kWh per year for a new one.
- Remove an older, second refrigerator and don't replace it and you could save about $175 annually on your electricity bill.
Find out how much you can save by replacing or removing an old fridge (energystar.gov)
PNM also offers a Refrigerator Recycling Rebate for business customers:
Learn more about how businesses can get a rebate for recycling old fridges