Request More Time to Pay
A Past-Due Amount
A payment extension:
- gives you more time to pay an amount
that is already past due.
- helps you avoid having your
services shut off due to non-payment.
If you have received a PNM bill with a disconnect
but you are unable to pay the amount due by the "pay
no later than" date, you can request a payment
How it works
- Request a payment extension by phone or online.
- If your request is approved,
you will be given a new due date.
- The new due date will be about
10 calendar days after the original disconnect date.
- Not all accounts are eligible for more time to pay an
already past-due amount.
which types of accounts are not eligible for more time
Request using our automated phone system
- Call PNM Customer Service
- (888) 342- 5766
- Be sure to have your account number with you.
- Follow the voice prompts on the automated phone system:
- Main menu > Billing and payments > Payment options > Payment arrangement
- You will be asked to enter the first nine digits of your account number and the ZIP code of the address where you receive electric service after you say "billing and payments".
- The payment arrangement option will be offered only if the account has a past-due amount owing.
If your request is approved:
- The automated phone system will give you a new due date and the amount due on that date.
- You will be asked to accept or reject the payment extension.
in to My PNM (see
link below), either as a returning user or a new user.
- Returning users: log in using your existing
user name and password.
- New users: select "New
user enrollment" to get started. Be sure to have
your account number with you.
- On the "View My Bill: Summary" page, select link "Request
more time to pay."
- Follow the steps to make your request.
- You must complete a separate online request for each account you wish to have extended.
to My PNM to request a payment extension
After your request is received:
- We will review it and
reply by e-mail within 2
- Until the extension is approved, regular PNM collection
efforts will continue.
- This could include your services being shut off.
- If your request is approved, our response will include a new
due date and the amount due on that date.
Not all accounts are eligible to receive more time to pay an amount that is already past due.
An account cannot be granted a payment extension if any of the following are true:
- The account has more than one bill past due.
- Service already has been scheduled to be disconnected
- The account is signed up for Automatic Payment, Budget Billing, or Summary Bill.
If your account has a medical certificate in place, please
call us at (888) 342-5766 to discuss other arrangements.
Return to "How it works"
Other helpful programs
Budget Billing: allows you to pay the same amount on your bill each month
Help for income-eligible customers to pay a past-due PNM bill