PNM Solar Energy Customer Program
If you're a PNM customer interested in installing solar power on your home or commercial building and generating some or all of your own electricity, then you'll be interested in learning more about the PNM Solar Energy Customer Program.
The PNM Solar Energy Customer Program is available to any PNM customer, residential or business, that installs a qualified solar energy system and has it interconnected to the PNM power grid.
- Applies to grid-tied solar PV systems and solar thermal electric technologies.
- Maximum system size is 1 Megawatt (MW) AC.
- Solar water heaters and other solar heated equipment are not eligible for incentives.
You will benefit in two ways when you install and interconnect a qualified solar energy system to the PNM power grid:
- Renewable energy certificate (REC) purchase: Because you are adding renewable-fueled power to the PNM system, we pay you for helping us meet our environmental goals.
How to apply
- Net metering: Since your system is producing energy, you only have to buy electricity from PNM when you have used more energy than your system produced in a given billing period.
Small systems (up to 10 kWAC ) - Get step-by-step instructions, applications, technical requirements, and more
Large systems (larger than 10 kWAC up to 1 MWAC ) - Get applications, sample agreements and more
Help me determine how large the system needs to be to meet the electricity needs of my home or business
How does a solar lease work? (.pdf)