Phone: report an outage or get an update
- Say "outage" to get started.
- Follow the voice prompts.
Phone: get a call from PNM when power is restored
- Report your outage using the steps above.
- Our system will tell you when power is expected to be restored (if we already know about it).
- The system will ask if you would like a call back (24x7).
- Depending on whether you're entering numbers on a pad or providing verbal responses:
- enter "1" to request call back.
- say "call back."
- Follow the prompts to select how you'd like to receive the call:
- at the number from which you're calling (if it's not blocked from caller ID).
- at a number you enter.
- You'll receive a call within minutes after power has been restored.
Online map: known outages
We already may know about the outage you are reporting.
View a map and get estimated restoration times
The online map was designed to be used on a desktop or laptop. It may not be viewable or fully functional on all mobile devices.
Social media: large outages
Information about large outages - generally those affecting 1,000 customers or more - is available from our Twitter and Facebook pages.
PNMtalk on Twitter
PNMelectric on Facebook
You don't need Twitter or Facebook accounts to use these pages. Anyone can access the information.