PNM Good Neighbor Fund:
Applying for Help
The PNM Good Neighbor Fund is an emergency assistance fund. For PNM customers facing an unexpected financial hardship due to an emergency situation, a Good Neighbor Fund grant may be able to help cover part or all of a past-due PNM bill. Help is available year-round as long as funds are available.
Beginning February 2013, all applicants must be income-eligible and show proof of a qualified emergency situation that occurred within the last six months and has caused an unforeseen drop in income.
Learn what qualifies as an emergency situation and the paperwork you will need
How to apply for help
Go to any PNM Good Neighbor Fund provider within the PNM service area to apply in person.
- Apply for help from the New Mexico Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP).
- Steps to apply for LIHEAP
- Gather information you
need to apply for
the PNM Good Neighbor Fund:
- proof of this year's LIHEAP application, such as "Receipt of Proof", LIHEAP letter, or printout from Human Services Dept. showing you have applied or been approved.
- your current PNM bill that is 30 or more days past-due;
- proof of income for everyone in the home;
- valid ID for everyone in the home;
- adults: picture ID;
- children: birth certificate, shot records, school ID, or medicaid card.
- paperwork showing proof of the financial hardship that occurred within the last six months, such medical bills, mortgage statements, etc.
- Have all the information you need (see Step 2 above) in hand when you visit.
- Applications are not accepted over the phone.
Locate a PNM Good Neighbor Fund provider in your community
If you are unable to apply in person because you are disabled or have some other restricting circumstance:
- Have someone fax your completed 2-page application (download below) and documentation (see Step 2 above) to:
- Albuquerque metro: (505) 842-9273 or
- Statewide toll-free: (866) 650-9273
Download and print both pages:
PNM Good Neighbor Fund customer qualification checklist (.pdf)
PNM Good Neighbor Fund application (.pdf)
If the PNM bill you pay is not in your name
- The PNM account holder can authorize you to apply for the PNM Good Neighbor Fund on their behalf.
- They must sign an account information release form (download one below).
- You must bring the signed release form and a copy of their ID when you apply.
Download and print a third party release form (.pdf)
See income guidelines for PNM Good Neighbor Fund help
Still have questions?
- Contact PNM:
- 1-888-342-5766 (1-888-DIAL-PNM) statewide
- Monday - Friday 7 a.m. - 6 p.m.