Oct. 19, 2017
PNM Names Valencia County Businesses "Energy Stars"
PNM Recognizes Valencia County Businesses for their Energy-Efficient Upgrades
(Valencia County, NM) - On Thursday, October 19, PNM recognized local businesses that went above and beyond in saving energy in 2016 by participating in PNM business energy efficiency rebate programs. The recognition took place at the Teofilos Restaurante during the Los Lunas Chamber of Commerce luncheon.
The PNM Business Energy Efficiency Stars are:
- TNT Investments LLC - large business with the highest energy savings
- Tillery Buick GMC LLC - small business with the highest energy savings
- University of New Mexico - nonprofit/govt/public service business with highest energy savings
- School of Dreams Academy - distributor discount category with the highest energy savings
- Lowtide LLC dba Sandia Self Storage - most innovative category with the highest energy savings
- Smith's Food & Drug - large business category honorable mention with the highest energy savings
- McDonald's - small business with the highest energy savings
- RAKS Building Supply - small business with the highest energy savings
- University of New Mexico VC - distributor discount category with the highest energy savings
Since 2007, PNM energy efficiency programs have provided more than $67 million in customer rebates and helped save almost 2.6 billion kilowatt hours of electricity – enough to power approximately 378,000 homes for a year. These programs have kept an estimated 1.6 million metric tons of carbon dioxide out of the air and saved 876 million gallons of water. For more information on the PNM Business Energy Efficiency Program, please visit pnm.com/bizrebates.
With headquarters in Albuquerque, PNM is the largest electricity provider in New Mexico, serving more than 500,000 customers in dozens of communities across the state. PNM is a subsidiary of PNM Resources, an energy holding company also headquartered in Albuquerque. For more information, visit PNM.com.