The PNM Good Neighbor Fund is an emergency assistance fund for PNM customers facing an unexpected financial hardship due to an emergency situation. The PNM Good Neighbor Fund may be able to help cover part or all of a past-due PNM bill.
Grant recipients are income-eligible with proof of a qualified emergency situation that occurred within the last six months that has caused an unexpected loss in household income.
Help Paying PNM Bill During COVID-19
During the coronavirus COVID-19 situation, the PNM Good Neighbor Fund will help pay electric bills for New Mexico customers
who now find their household suddenly falls into a low-income status after their employer either cut their hours or closed the doors due to COVID-19. The PNM Good Neighbor Fund is now paying up to $150 toward PNM electric bills for low-income families through May 29, 2020, by calling the PNM Good Neighbor Fund provider at 505-967-8045. You will be asked to email the following required documents: 1) Proof of household income for all adults in the home; 2) Copies of IDs for everyone in the home; 3) A check stub for the employer or business that you can no longer work with due to COVID-19; 4) A copy of your PNM bill that is in the name of yourself or someone living in your home. To qualify, the current income in your household must be within the following net income guidelines:
- Household size of 1 person = $1,561 monthly household income
- Household size of 2 person = $2,114 monthly household income
- Household size of 3 person = $2,666 monthly household income
- Household size of 4 person = $3,219 monthly household income
- Household size of 5 person = $3,771 monthly household income
- Household size of 6 person = $4,324 monthly household income
- Household size of 7 person = $4,876 monthly household income
- Household size of 8 person = $5,429 monthly household income
How to apply for help
- First, apply for help from the New Mexico Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP).
- Apply in person at any PNM Good Neighbor Fund provider. Some locations require you make an appointment. Get information on scheduling an appointment as well as provider hours and locations state-wide.
Please note: To be seen in Albuquerque, you must call (505) 967-8045 to schedule an appointment.
Bring with you:
- proof of this year's approved LIHEAP application, such as a LIHEAP approval letter or a printout from the Department of Human Services showing you have been approved for LIHEAP.
- your current PNM bill that is 30 or more days past-due;
- proof of income for everyone in the home, including a bank statement with monthly deposits listed;
- valid ID for everyone in the home: picture ID for adults and birth certificate, shot records, school ID, or Medicaid card for children.
- paperwork showing proof of the financial hardship that occurred within the last six months, such medical bills, mortgage statements, etc.
If you are ill or home bound
If you are ill or home bound and cannot come in to the office, please do the following to get help from the Good Neighbor Fund:
- Call 505-967-8045 on Monday, Wednesday or Friday from 8:00 am to 10:30am to secure an appointment.
- Once you are given an appointment, please gather the required documents that the representative at Good Neighbor Fund needs to process your application.
- Hand write a note, giving a third party individual permission to apply on your behalf and sign the note.
- Send the third party individual with your documents, ID, and hand written note to your scheduled appointment.
- Once approved, the representative will give the third party individual your code slip and other important information regarding your assistance.
We are sorry, but can no longer offer faxed applications.