Apr. 16, 2012
Who Will Be the PNM Super Energy Saver?
Albuquerque: A new contest is challenging PNM residential customers to compete for energy savings, with the winner to be designated the PNM Super Energy Saver and awarded $300 toward future PNM electric service.
”This is a great opportunity for customers to spend a little time looking at how they use energy at home and taking common sense-steps to reduce their use and save money,” said Melissa Leymon, PNM senior program developer. “The bonus here is that one devoted customer will save more than the others and be recognized as a result.”
Here’s how it works:
- The contest challenges customers to compete to win by working to save energy in their homes for two months, beginning when they receive their May PNM electric bill.
- To participate, customers fill out a simple form on Facebook. Data submitted will be kept confidential and used only for contest purposes.
- During the contest, PNM will share low- and no-cost energy efficiency tips via Facebook and Twitter. Customers are encouraged to take whatever steps make sense for them.
- After receiving their July PNM electric bill, contest participants will enter their electric consumption from those two months – and the same two months in 2011 – in a second form on Facebook (this form not available until late June).
- The customer who saves the most energy for the two-month period, compared to the same period last year, wins $300 toward future PNM electric service.
- Energy efficiency prizes like remote-control power strips and LED lights will be given out along the way! The sooner a customer signs up, the greater his or her chance of winning!
- See a FAQ and official rules for more information.
With headquarters in Albuquerque, PNM is the largest electricity provider in New Mexico, serving 500,000 customers in dozens of communities across the state. PNM is a subsidiary of PNM Resources, an energy holding company also headquartered in Albuquerque. For more information, visit PNM.com.